Pages

Sunday 12 July 2020

Mechwarrior Destiny

Destiny is pretty much a condensed version of the Time of War RP of Battletech.
If you already have A Time of War, this will be very familiar.
Is it worth the new book?

Well, considering I have not seen "A Time of War" on shelves for a while, it is nice to see it back in the Catalyst online store (only in PDF form).
In comparison, A Time of War is a much larger book (400+ pages) involving a more broader scope of character creation. Destiny is 240 pages and is more concentrated on Mech Warrior pilots, however everything in "classes" are the same. There is a large cutback on fluff. You can translate back and forth from both RPG's no problem.

So in a nutshell its A Time of War, lite.
The book Destiny, will be obviously more cheaper to produce as a hardcover.
I don't know if there is a plan to re-print A Time of War, who really knows. Catalyst happens to be really terrible at responding to emails.
I while ago I had written them about transitioning ATOW rules into Fantasy Grounds. I had all the information from the book already in place as a ruleset, all it took was to program a proper character sheet and their reply/contract/cut.
It took over a year and a half before they responded to a previous inquiry of the box set, I still haven't heard back about my Fantasy Grounds related Email. It's been over 3 years.

I STILL get asked about it on the FG forums, sorry guys, I don't think there is a head on any shoulders as far as Catalysts response team is concerned.

As far as the book goes, it looks like the only physical option available to RP your Mechwarriors.
There isn't much changed since the original edition, which is cool, as it's a nostalgic blast from my past.


No comments:

Post a Comment