Pages

Tuesday 27 July 2021

CANON... Woke-ists might give it up... but its in YOUR power to use it.

 Hey guys, QUIT complaining that Wizards of the Woke is no longer using pre-2014 material as canon.

It seems everyone is complaining about it, like it actually will have an effect on their own 5e Campaign. Here is some news for you. It wont... unless you allow them to.

Yes I do have the 5e books, but it's unlikely that I would DM a game... it's more likely that I would play as a player. I'm a Castles & Crusades Keeper,/GM. If I make a 5e game to present to a group of players, I can make WHATEVER I WANT as canon. I could use a Robert Jordan novel as my canon, I could use Moorcocks' Etertnal Champion novels as my canon... I can use my own brain invented world as my canon.

ARE YOU GUYS FORGETTING THIS?

Who cares if WotC wants to give up their story rich history, let them shoot themselves in the foot, it's fine by me.

The thing with D&D that YOU are forgetting, is that YOU can use non WotC material as your source, as it's a toolkit, to even make your own "Lord of the Rings" Campaign, play it ANYWHERE, and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it (including the rights holders to Lord of the Rings). 

I mean if you want to, you can give up the pre-2014 materials, but that would be YOUR doing, YOUR decision on doing so. 

Did you lock yourselves into some contract where you must follow every lock-step stance that WotC demands? Are you only allowed to use the material given out by WotC? ONLY IF YOU LET THEM.

Big deal if WotC wants to ruin their history or erase it... that's THEIR loss, not yours.

QUIT making videos where you are whining about canon... STOP. It's getting annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment